Title: Content Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time Contract
Reports to: Senior Growth Marketer/Communications Lead
BPTN is on a major growth path and hiring!!
The Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN), is on a mission to get more Black professionals in and into leadership within leading tech companies. We are changing the conversation - There is no “Pipeline problem” for tech talent, there is a Network problem, and we are focusing on solving that!! Come join us.
BPTN bridges the Network gap in the tech industry by providing Black technical and business professionals with access to senior executive sponsorship, industry training and a strong peer network to support their growth and career development. On the other side of the coin, we support leading companies to connect to, hire and promote Black professionals in tech.
Who you are
Are you a natural storyteller? Do you enjoy creating compelling content that spans video and digital mediums? Does the idea of working in an organization that is rapidly growing while truly making a difference make you super excited? If so, keep reading.
With BPTN’s accelerated growth, we are looking for a Content Specialist to join the marketing team. The Content Specialist is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of strategic marketing initiatives across various platforms including digital, email and social etc.
As our Content Specialist, you will have excellent communication skills, a passion for making impactful marketing strategies, strong in content conceptualization and creation and have a drive to succeed.
In this contract role, you will have the opportunity to:
· Responsible for the coordination/development of marketing
content creation – writing, editing, and adapting content for
use across multiple channels
· Design and implement content strategies, create relevant
content, and maximize member engagement and growth
· Assist with managing presence in social networking sites,
including LinkedIn, Facebook Instagram and Twitter
· Demonstrate effective knowledge of social media innovations,
technology/digital trends and client’s target consumer
· Monitor social networks for potential opportunities and threats
· Implement and evaluate targeted online and email marketing
plans which support the strategy and success of the business
· Coordinate the production and approvals for marketing
materials as requested.
· Research industry-related topics
· Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
· Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
· Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
· Identify members’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
· Update website content
We’re Looking for someone who:
· Post-secondary education required
· 2+ years’ experience in content writing/marketing
· Copywriting experience in the technology industry preferred
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of online community
platforms and best practices, with a passion for staying
current on communications, social and content marketing
· Experience with e-mail marketing and copywriting
· Excellent writing, editing and interpersonal skills
· Good organizational and time-management skills
· Excellent project management, problem solving, and decision-
· Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
· Strong presentation skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced startup with a dream team. At BPTN, we embrace differences. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.